User Experience Designer 2
(Salary Range: $90,191 - $103,719 - $117,249)
The User Experience (UX) Designer 2, working under minimal guidance, actively advocates the development and optimization of user-centered solutions aimed at differentiating Westfield’s value proposition over its competition. UX Designers 2 typically work on medium-to-large assignments in terms of size and complexity. A UX Designer 2 is focused on discovering user-centric perspectives and incorporating them into solution designs, advocating these perspectives with business stakeholders and other IT functional areas, and acumen in business/insurance/finance and/or technology/systems. This role utilizes a variety of tools and techniques: user research, user-centered solution design, information architecture, and design validation.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
- Working under minimal guidance and little-to-no oversight, actively advocates the development and optimization of user-centered solutions (internal, external) aimed at differentiating Westfield’s value proposition over its competition.
- Typically works on medium-to-large assignments in terms of size and complexity.
- Serves as a liaison between technical and business partners throughout all of these functions.
- Discovers user-centric perspectives and incorporates them into solution designs, advocating these perspectives with business stakeholders and various IT functional areas. Utilizes the following variety of tools and techniques to accomplish this work:
- Plans, coordinates, and executes user research activities.
- Compiles and analyzes both quantitative and qualitative data from users aimed at informing solution design, understanding user behaviors and their underlying motivators, and recommending options for system/process improvements
- Analyzes user behaviors, needs, and motivations through observation techniques, task analyses, and other feedback methodologies.
- Assesses the effectiveness and adoption of existing solution(s) or process(es).
- User-centered solution design:
- Creates and/or optimizes designs for a solution or process based on user perspectives, design best practices, and/or business requirements.
- Produces artifacts that effectively communicate designs to business stakeholders and development teams.
- Actively facilitates and/or participates in an iterative design review process.
- Assesses the effectiveness and adoption of an existing solution or process.
- Defines structural components and information organization for systems based on user perspectives and best practices.
- Produces artifacts that effectively communicate this architecture to business stakeholders and development teams.
- Actively facilitates and/or participates in an iterative information architecture review process.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts usability testing sessions and other methods for obtaining relevant feedback from users.
- Conducts heuristic reviews of a solution based on acknowledged best practices in usability.
- Compiles, analyzes and communicates findings and recommendations based on these activities.
5. Provides assistance in complementary roles on small projects or initiatives (e.g. business systems analysis, project management), as needed.
6. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
- 1. 5+ years of experience in User Experience.
- 3+ years experience planning projects and approach of moderate size and/or complexity.
- Experience analyzing problems and developing strategies for resolution gained through previous work assignments.
- Experience providing advice and consultation to peers and stakeholders.
- Strong oral, written, and/or visual communication skills.
- Strong relationship management skills including experience collaborating with a variety of business and IT peer and leader levels.
- Experience learning new subject matter quickly, in both business and technical arenas.
- Experience planning projects and approach of moderate size and/or complexity.
- Strong organizational skills gained through previous work experiences.
- Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing previous work assignments to ensure deadlines are met.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other business design, research, and/or testing tools (e.g. Optimal Workshop Suite, Morae, Visio, Project).
- Bachelor’s degree in User Experience Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Architecture, etc. OR equivalent work experience.
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
See the full Job Description