KeyBank - Senior UX/UI Designer
- Establish, implement and maintain a Digital Design System to ensure UI consistency across all of KeyBank's Digital Properties, faster production of UI design and development, an established shared vocabulary for Digital UX @ Key, simplicity in UI testing and a useful resource hub for Design best practices.
- Lead and govern Key’s Digital experience design standards, visual style and technical tooling in partnership with engineering, marketing and other UX & Design leaders.
- Develop reusable, adaptable and unified UX patterns, design systems, libraries and style guides for use across Key’s digital products, services and properties.
- Partner with Marketing to ensure alignment of the digital design system to the Key Brand and Voice.
- Implement processes and tools to ensure the digital standards and design systems can be used efficiently, flexibly and consistently by both internal and external partners.
- Ensure digital design deliverables adhere to established design standards and guidelines.
- Manage a library for typography, layouts and grids, colors, icons, components, coding conventions, voice and tone, style-guides and other documentation.
- Implement and manage common frameworks (e.g. Voice Guides), tools (e.g. Invision, Sketch) and processes (e.g. UI peer reviews) needed to support and align the design practice at Key.
- Present the design system’s mission, library and process to other groups including team members and internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure Key is meeting or exceeding industry guidelines for accessibility by conducting accessibility testing and audits and explicitly incorporating accessibility requirements and standards into the design system.
- Research and stay abreast of user experience, user-centered design, and interaction design trends across platforms.
- Stay current with industry trends, standard processes, solutions, tools and technologies.
- Be an advocate for the user and have an innate ability to translate customer needs into scalable, effective UI design with a propensity towards simplification.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of personas, user stories, and usability studies.
- Develop and contribute to heuristic evaluations, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Mentor, motivate and inspire other designers, product managers, engineers and stakeholders.
- Manage the standards and design systems as a living body of work continually iterating and optimizing in response to new form factors, changing consumer preferences and behaviors and evolving UI/UX trends.
PRIMARY OUTPUT AND DELIVERABLES:
- Establish, implement and maintain the tools and frameworks need to unify and guide all aspects of the digital experience from the conceptual building blocks of the product, to the details of the UI, to how things are named and digital content is developed including:
- Design System
- Style Guide
- Voice Guide
- Pattern Library
- Library of re-usable UI components
- Accessibility Guidelines
- Develop and lead training for members of the design team as well as internal and external partners in product, engineering, and marketing.
- Deployment and maintenance of a digital hub/portal for Key’s digital design system and standards.
- Established processes and guidelines for the utilization and governance of the design system and standards by teams in digital, technology and marketing.
- Prototypes, tutorials, consumable models and diagrams as well as other services and tools that enable stakeholders to understand and effectively utilize Key’s digital standards and design systems.
- Audits and reviews of Key’s Digital Properties to ensure alignment and adherence to Key’s digital design and accessibility standards.